Monday, January 25, 2010

Christmas Crafts

I know this is a little late, but I still wanted to write a post about what I made for Christmas this year. Since it was Emmeline's first Christmas, I made her a stocking. It was a lot of fun to make! The front pattern is flannel and the back is solid red. I put quilt batting in between the fabric so it would be soft.
I made Emme two handmade gifts for Christmas. I made her a set of 3 cloth balls and a little doll. I really liked the balls because they were all different sizes. I added a bell in the middle of the stuffing so it makes a little jingle sound. I found the pattern for the balls here.
I originally bought the fabric that I used for the balls to make 5 dresses for the doll and the balls, but the one dress I made for the doll took longer than I thought. Emme can't dress her doll yet anyway. Maybe I will make more for her birthday. The doll was a lot of fun to make. I especially liked sewing on the face.

In the original design, the dress is supposed to be the white body, but I thought it would be fun to make different outfits for her. That's why the dress took so long to make, it was trial and error. The pigtails were not in the original design either. I found a post for this doll on a blog I love to read called homemade by jill. The link to the free doll design is here.

Also, if you ever plan to make this, add 1/2 inch to 1 inch around the perimeter of the arms and legs. I had to remake the arms and legs because they were too small to turn inside out.

I had a lot of fun making all of these projects for Emme, but I think I will start a lot earlier next year. I was up until 2 or 3 am the whole week before Christmas finishing crafts and wrapping presents. Oh well! It was worth it. Emme likes her toys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment