Monday, May 23, 2011

Bye Bye Paci

We had been wanting to get rid of our daughter's pacifier for a few months and finally decided to do it after the new year.  I heard from some friends that cutting the tip a little each day did the trick for their kids so I started there.  I cut it every day or so until it looked like this...


It didn't work!  Emme wouldn't let it go.  I heard of someone taking their child to Build A Bear and putting the pacifier in the bear.  I thought it was a great idea.  That way they would still "have" the pacifier, but they couldn't put it in their mouth.  I didn't want to spend any money, so I took some scrap fabric and made a heart pillow for the pacifier.   

Emme "helped" me stuff it, then I had her help me put the pacifier inside.  She understood it was inside the pillow.



She cried that night when I put her to bed, because she wanted me to take the pacifier out.  She was much better the next night and still sleeps holding the heart every once in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment